Friday, April 16, 2010

Half Way!?

Heidi continues to grow and I don't think she could be any cuter. Her little belly poked out and grew slowly enough that I didn't notice the size very much until suddenly it got perceptibly bigger in just two days! I can't wait for her tummy to have it's own gravitational pull. In the mean time I still enjoy touching it whenever I can, especially in the morning. For some reason right when Heidi wakes up her belly is particularly firm.

Heidi has been feeling the baby which makes me a little bit jealous because I am excited for when I will be able to feel the baby. Also, I'll be telling Heidi some really important, awesome story perhaps about stereochemistry or how lobotomies work only to find out that she wasn't paying attention because she was focused on trying to feel the baby. I understand this will be a continued trend as I'll probably be getting less and less attention as the baby moves from fetusdom into persondom.

Monday marks twenty weeks of pregnancy. Part of me just can't wait for everything to happen and part of me can't believe how much needs to be done in the next twenty weeks in order to be ready for the baby. We haven't purchased anything, or even made any specific decisions about what to buy. I am trying to build up my mental toughness to be able to counteract, with reason and practicality, Heidi's nesting instinct.

One thing we are looking forward to is finding out the sex of the baby. April 27th at 9:00 AM is our ultrasound appointment. All signs so far are pointing to girl (mostly based on feelings, though) which is great because if the baby is a girl at least we have the name picked out. If the baby turns out to be a boy we don't even have a top five list going.

The semester is coming to a close and summer semester will begin shortly. Originally I was looking forward to having the summer off, but considering the circumstances I could not be more excited to go to school all summer and take fall semester off. Summer semester ends at the end of August, which means that after my last final Heidi will be unable to tie her own shoes and I won't have any homework. We'll have four entire months as a family of three and I'll have seven days off in a row every other week to spend on my two most important people.

No comments:

Post a Comment