Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Results are in...

December 31st will be a day to remember for Adam and I and we can't think of a better way to bring in the new year.

The Story...
So we have been "trying" to have a baby for a few months and I thought it would be fun to see if I was pregnant without telling Adam that "it was that time of the month and we may or may not be pregnant". So I was two days late and I thought it would be fun to tell Adam that I was pregnant over dinner (that is, if I was pregnant). So I went a bought a pregnancy test and came home to take it, which by the way is so exciting but can be a little dissappointing if the results are not what you are hoping for. So I take the test and I am so nervous about the outcome that I can't even be in there why it is processing. I finally get the courage to go in and check and it is possitive. Well, I think. Ok, so it is possitive but I can't really wrap my head around it. Really, I'm pregnant?!

We decided to stay home for New Year's Eve this year because Adam had to wake up for work at 4 the next morning. So I decided to tell him over dinner that is if I can hold it in. I decide I can't talk to him right now because I will just want to tell him the great news. Then my phone rings...it's Adam,ok don't tell him, just wait until tonight. So we talked for a few minutes and thought I was doing pretty well until...

Heidi: "Adam, I have a something I want to tell you"
Adam: "Ok, what?"
Heidi: "Nevermind, I will just tell you later"
Adam: "Why do you always do that? You can't do that, just tell me. Is it going to make me happy or sad?"
Heidi: "Well it's not going to make you sad"
Adam: "Well you better just tell me"
Heidi: "We're having a baby..."
Adam: "What!? Really?!"

I can't think of a better way to bring in the New Year. Candle light dinner with my best friend talking about all the things we have to look forward to in 2010. What a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment