Thursday, January 21, 2010

When Someone Lets The Secret Out

Adam and I volunteered to clean the temple this last Tuesday night and pretty much we just scrubbed lockers for the entire 4 hours. Before we started cleaning we had instructions given to us by the employee in charge. There were two jobs to do: Clean the lockers with a chemical called speedball or wipe down the lockers afterward with water to clean the speedball off(if the speedball is left on a surface it will continue to work and eat away the paint).


Adam overheard the lady in charge tell a pregnant girl there that she should only handle the water. So I grabbed the lady and let her know that I am pregnant but that I didn't want anyone in my ward to know and I just wanted to make sure I was not assigned to doing the speed ball. Immediately after I talked to her she asked everybody for their attention (mind you they all just saw me having a queit conversation with her) and she said "if any of you are or may be pregnant do not do the job that involves the speedball, especially if you are in the first trimester." Then we all go off to do our jobs and of course I am a water girl. So I figure that four or so more people may have a pretty good idea that I am pregnant. Oh well, they will just wonder until I finally confirm it.


We are now 7 weeks pregnant and our baby is the size of a blueberry. She keeps letting me know that she's in there by all of the symptoms she has been giving me. I'm not a big fan of morning/all day sickness but it also comforts me to know that it is a sign that our baby is growing and doing well. Fortunately I haven't been throwing up but the nausea seems to be a constant in my life.

You may have noticed that I called our baby "she". Obviously we have no idea what the sex of our baby is but I just don't want to call the baby "it" so on some posts I will call the baby a she and sometimes I will call the baby a he. We are so excited to let everyone know but it won't be until March which just might kill me!

No comments:

Post a Comment