Monday, February 1, 2010

Catching on?

I think I have given my parents a few clues that we might be pregnant. My mom keeps asking me "Are you trying to tell me something?" Ever since I have been married I have joked with my family that I am pregnant (almost everytime I see them). The last time I told them my Dad says that he actually believes me now.
Here are the clues:

1. We want their couches and we told them if they give them to us we would give them a grandchild or $50. They picked a grandchild.

2. We told them that we are planning on moving into a two bedroom and I guess that is a big sign to them.

3. I called my mom and told her a girl name I like which is Claire Imelda (which is my grandpa's and grandma's middle names) and she again asked "Are you trying to tell me something?"

Well, we are pregnant and maybe I have told them a little too much but we really want their couches and I knew that I would have to negotiate a little bit. I figured the only way the couches would fit is if we had a two bedroom place.

We really love the name Claire Imelda and will have to add it to our list of girl names which seem to come so easily. On the other hand boy names that we like are few and far between.

Morning Sickness...Arrrgghh

Not fun, right? Who knew I could be so unmotivated and lay on the couch seriously all day long. I really started to wonder how some women function while they are pregnant. I get really hungry and sick but I don't want to eat anything because nothing sounds good (sound familiar?). On the other hand I am so very grateful that I am having these pregnancy symptoms and that I know there is a little baby inside of me. In fact, if I have a day that I feel good I get all worried that something is wrong; but I don't want to spend my pregnancy worrying and I have to leave it in my Heavenly Fathers hands.

Ok back to my symptoms I have been getting really sick in the night and just haven't been sleeping well. So after doing a little research I found that if you eat a protein before you go to bed it will help relieve some of that morning sickness. Thank goodenss it works! I have a spoon full or two of peanut butter (with a little bit of honey) before bed and I haven't been getting sick at all the past few nights. I still don't sleep very well but I might as well get used to it.

We have our first Doctors appointment in 3 weeks I am soooo excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment