Friday, February 12, 2010

I am 10 weeks pregnant and in four weeks I will be in the second trimester. Yay! Our baby is 1 1/2 inches long and weighs about as much as a large strawberry and yet I have gained 4lbs. Where does all the weight come from? It has been fun to feel my belly change even though I don't look cute in anything right now. My clothes are getting a little bit snugger and my bra... Well, lets just say I can't breathe by the end of the day because of it. It is looking like I need to do a little shopping for some unmentionables.

Our first doctors appointment is in exactly a week. We are so excited and can't wait to hear our little baby's heart beat. Adam has been such a great support to me. He has been reading a book called "Dad's Pregnant Too" and is interested in every little thing that is going on with my body. He is always one to do whatever he can to make me feel better or more comfortable. He deals with my mood swings which I am sad to say that I have many. He is always telling me how beautiful I am and how he thinks that he is a lucky guy. Well I am defintely the lucky one. I married the best man who is my best friend and is going to be the most amazing father, I feel so blessed.

I have my ups and downs with being pregnant. I want to love everything about being pregnant because I have been so excited for this moment in my life. But it is really hard to love being sick and to love waking up 4 times, sometimes 5 times, a night to go to the bathroom. Sometimes I get killer headaches and I feel like I am so unmotivated and it can be depressing at times. But I love knowing that these are all very good signs that our baby is growing and I take comfort in that. I know that I don't have morning sickness nearly as bad some women have it so I am very grateful for that and feel blessed that I get to carry our baby.

Funny story: Adam knows that I just haven't been sleeping well at all and the other morning he wakes up and says "I have just been sleeping so good lately!" What?! Did he really just say that? I just thought it was funny because I complain everyday how much I miss sleep at night (which I might as well get used to because I notice how tired new mom's are). Adam works really hard between work and school and taking care of his sick wife that he really deserves to have a good night sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment